-- Business blog now available --

A quick note to say that I've set up my Business blog, to be able to speak with a clear voice on both personal and work issues (i.e. by having separate blogs).

Thursday 30 October 2008

(Un)Funny Tummy update

At the top of this piece, I'd like to say that I'm writing these posts because I believe others may benefits from knowing about this sort of stuff.
I'm essentially following on from the post I wrote about Angela Beecroft. I'm still taking the bio bacteria, but now I have discussed the results of the test with Angela.
It turns out that I have a nasty little fella called Dientamoeba fragilis in my tummy.
Wikipedia says that this can cause Dientamoebiasis: "[...] symptoms reported have included:
  1. Weight loss
  2. Fatigue
  3. Nausea and vomiting
  4. Fever
  5. Uritcaria (skin rash)
  6. Pruritis (itchiness)
  7. Biliary infection"
[I don't think I've had all this, but it gives you an idea what can happen]
Dientamoeba fragilis fig1At present, I'm taking some anti-microbial tablets recommended by Angela.
Although they cause mild heartburn at times, in conjunction with the bio bacteria, I'm not feeling so exhausted all the time. In fact, I'm sometimes waking up feeling almost raring to go!
Anyway, there's still a few weeks of pills to go, so hopefully my system will sort itself out. It will be interesting to see what happens. I've got the sense that my tummy is more sorted, so that's good.
blog comments powered by Disqus